Amazing Journey 2020
Time & Location
About the event
On Sunday the 18th of October 2020 (9 am. - 5 pm). We will be supporting our local businesses by doing a fundraising drive that uses the concept of the "Amazing Race" modelled after the TV Show in honour of celebrating the month of the "Australian Workforce."
Life Choice Church will be hosting the “Amazing Journey 2020" and will only limit participants of up to 8 pairs, due to COVID-19 restrictions.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit our website at lifechoicechurch.com
- Fill up the Form
- Pay $20/team registration by clicking the donation tab, then send it to me the receipt.
- Submit a super short video of you together that explains who you guys are (the best videos are not edited or scripted).
- Upload the video on the forum or email it directly to my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will close once we have confirmed the maximum of 8 teams a total of 16 participants.
- Further clues and instructions will be posted on the forum of our website closer towards the date.
- Life Choice Church Amazing Journey 2020 is open for ages 18 to 55 ... walkers, joggers & runners. Below 18 years old can also join but it must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants should be prepared to get a little dirty & wet. This race is designed to create more atmosphere, energy and more fun than any church games!
HOW THE JOURNEY WORKS
1. This is your chance to test your "AMAZING RACE" skills. Modelled after the TV show, contestants’ pair up with a friend, family member or co-worker and compete against other similar age teams.
2. Two-person teams’ race around the Sutherland shire with physical and mental challenge stations.
3. Clue cards provided at the stations instructs teams to complete a task, either together or by a single member, before continuing to race.
4. Teams strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall times to be declared the winners.
5. How well you work together with your partner (TEAMWORK) is the number one most important skill in winning the race.
6. Spectators are welcome to tag along & cheer on the participants in the last and final destination.
FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTION:
- Can I register the day of the race? Yes. If there are spots available.
- I want to participate but do not have a teammate yet, can I still register? Yes, you can secure a spot today and bring a teammate on race day.
- I’ve registered online, now what? Please help us spread the word by sharing the race with your family, friends, neighbours, classmates and co-workers. Invite them to cheer up in the final destination where be told on the day.
- I’m registered, but I (or my teammate) can’t make it to the race? Not a problem, tickets are fully transferable to another person or team.
- How do the task stations work? Clue cards, Detour are provided at each station and describe a task or obstaclethat each team must complete before advancing to the next station. To ensure the safety of all involved, all tasks are scaled based on age and fitness level of the participants.
- How do you determine the winner of the race? The winner is the team that completes the course with the fastest overall time.
- Do I have to be athletic to compete? No, how well you work together with your teammate will determine your outcome.
- What should I wear? Please wear comfortable shoes and realise that your clothes may get wet or dirty while competing.
- What is your refund policy? We will give a refund within the first 24 hours of booking. Tickets are fully transferable to other participants.
- Is transportation needed during the race? Yes. But it is only limited to Train, Bus or ferry. Taxi and rideshare are not allowed. If you use a Taxi and rideshare, you will be disqualified to continue the race, or you will be eliminated.
- What time should I arrive on race day? You will receive a text message 3 hours before the race day of the time and location of the first assembly. The first assembly will be expected near the Life Choice Church Miranda. The assemble time will commence at 8:30 am on October 18, 2020. You should receive a text message directly to your phone by 6 am regarding the instruction of the first location. If you don’t receive an SMS/Text message directly to your phone you must call me directly 0433 517 531.
- How does weather affect the race? The race will be held rain or shine. For the safety of the participants - if there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled.
- What should I wear on the day? You will be provided with a Life Choice Vest, and you are required to wear the Vest all the time for you to get identified as participants or else you will not get notice, and you don't receive the next clue card. Please wear comfortable shoes and realise that your clothes may get wet or dirty while competing.
DAY OF THE AMAZING JOURNEY
- Make it sure that your smartphone is full of battery on the day, as you will be taking lots of pictures and video during the race. You can also bring a backup battery.
- Make it sure to download maps, bus, train schedule and bible apps.
- Make it sure to bring your own Opal card with load at least 50 dollars as you may be using your card for train and buses.
4. Make it sure to bring cash, or debit card with you as maybe one of the clue cards will ask you to buy something.